Old COVID policy
Because we believe the Lord is leading us to start Awana in person this year, we will follow the guidelines necessary to make that happen.
Awana will be shortened to one hour in length, beginning at 6:30 PM each Tuesday night. We believe children need socialization more than rigorous academics at this point. Because of the time constraint, we will be encouraging all children to learn one verse each week and to learn it well.
The guidance we will be adhering to is as follows:
- Children will be in groups of 14 (cohorts) or less.
- Children third grade and up will be wearing masks where social distancing is not possible. Physical distancing between children in the same cohort will be balanced with the development and socio-emotional needs of the age group.
- One-to-one specialized services can be provided to a child or youth by a support service provider that is not a part of the cohort.
- Physical distancing between adults must be maintained to the greatest extent possible.
- All workers and children will be screened (temperature taken and questions asked) each night before entering the facility.
- All workers and children’s hands will be sanitized, using hand sanitizer, each night before entering the facility. Washing hands with soap and water immediately upon entering the facility is a suitable alternative to using hand sanitizer. Frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing will be encouraged throughout the night.
- Supervising adults will be wearing masks, except for those leading up front.
- Game equipment and facilities will be sanitized between groups.
- Bathroom facilities will be sanitized between children using them.
Cubbies will stay in the north room for the full hour except for bathroom breaks and outside exercise time as weather and light permits.
They will be limited to 14 children along with the supervising adults and will remain separated from other groups throughout the night.
Sparks will stay in the main building (sanctuary building) for the full hour except for outside exercise time as weather and light permits.
They will be limited to 28 children divided into two groups of 14 each. Those 14, along with the supervising adults, will remain separated from other groups throughout the night.
T & T
T & T will stay in the gymnasium building for the full hour except for any outside exercise time as weather and light permits.
They will be limited to 28 children divided into two groups of 14 each (14 girls, and 14 boys). Those 14, along with the supervising adults, will remain separated from other groups throughout the night.
Because we are limited in space this year you will need to pre-register your child/children. Unfortunately, once we are filled up, children will have to be put on a waiting list.
All children will need to have a parent or guardian sign a liability release form this year, that will be done at check-in on opening night.
We are looking forward to another great Awana year. Opening night is October 6th, at 6:30pm.